No announcement yet.

My 15 year old son is a runaway

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 15 year old son is a runaway

My 15 year old son ran away a couple of days ago. I reported him as a runaway to the police. I know he is in the area that we live in but I don’t know exactly where to find him. He has turned off all locations from his phone/apps. I have also posted on different neighborhood groups that I am on on FB. He finally reached out and said he was ok he just doesn’t want to come home. I’m at a complete loss right now.

Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out. It must be really stressful and hurtful to have your son tell you he doesn’t want to come home. It sounds like you’ve already filed a police report, which is a good step. Outside of legal issues, it could help to try and open up the lines of communication with your son without necessarily asking that he come home at first; parents often do this through social media like facebook, Instagram, etc. We encourage you to pass our number onto your son, as we do offer services like message delivery and conflict mediation that might be able to help you both communicate.
    A resource that you might find helpful is Team HOPE, which is a support line for parents who have been in similar situations. Their number is 1-866-305-4673.
    Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open if you'd like to speak more specifically about what's going on. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Stay safe!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X