Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic running away

running away

im running away tommorow what do i need to bring in order to run away I already have $1,000 and that is my money i didn't steal it. I resold stuff at school to get that. But what else do i need? i am 12 years old

• ccsmod1
    replied
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline.

We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that because you are under 18 and thus a minor, if you leave home and your parents file a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for the baby's father or whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your parents to have the discussion about moving in with them, thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, or things like emancipation and legal aid numbers, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am 16 and have a baby can i move in with the babys father ??

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. It sounds like you plan on running away. Having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. Since you are so young, it may be difficult for you to find a safe place to stay. We cannot tell you what to bring because there is no clear answer, what other bring may not work for you. If you do decide to leave home, you family has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report if the police find you they would return you home. Running away isn't against the law but if you stay with a friend they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. You could try asking your family if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Another option that you have is contacting Child Protective Services if you don't feel safe at home. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X