•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We are sorry to hear about your situation and hope we can provide some useful information.

The first way to find out if a youth has been reported as a runaway would be to call the local police using their name; you could look up this number at usacops.com. The second would be to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, accessible by phone at 1-800-843-5678 and online at missingkids.com.

We hope this information was helpful and take care.
    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Guest replied
    How do I check and see if a child or is a runaway

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied

Reply: Hi parents,

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn.
    it sounds like things are tense between you and your daughter because of her behavior.
    We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.
    Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi parents,
    I caught my daughter, searching on this site, she is 13 year old who got a smart mouth all the time and she has the nerve to cuss me out. She borrowed my phone to do her homework and I'll let her have it for a while, I clean up a little bit and when I checked on her, she was on watching a video. I got upset, we got into an argument, and gave her a warning that she needs to complete her homework. I sat beside her, so I can monitor what she was doing. She tried to read for a while but in a few minutes she started to talk to herself how miserable is her life. I got upset again, and took the phone away and whole drama started. I told her that she won't have access on her phone. She can use the laptop to do her homework and that's it. And now she searches for runaway sites. Where did I go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand your concern for your son, he is lucky to have a parent as supportive as you.

We are not legal experts here and laws vary from state to state. We do have a legal resources available to us, as well as a database of shelters across the country, if your son needs somewhere safe to stay. If you’re able to give your son our information, we can brain storm options with him and try to keep him safe. There is a parent support hotline, the volunteers who answer the phone are also parents who have gone through similar situations. It may be a good place for you to get the support you need during this time. It’s called Team HOPE (866) 305-4673 (Help Offering Parents Empowerment).

Again, thank you for reaching out to us and if you need any resources from us do not hesitate to call. Please pass along our information to your son, we are open 24/7.

Best, NRS

Guest replied
    My son hitchhiked from CT to Oh. He is 17 and will be 18 in February. He graduated high school. My state says he's at the age where I can't stop him from leaving. He has no money and no where to really go in OH. He's not technically a run away or a missing person. What are his rights in OH?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    replied
    Thank you for reaching out to us at National Runaway Safeline.

There are two ways to see if a youth has been reported as a runaway. The first would be to call the local police. The second would be to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678. There is no guarantee with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The NCMEC would only know if a child is a runaway if someone called them and added the child to their database.

We hope this information helps. Please feel free to call or chat with us if you have any more questions.

Stay safe,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Check for a Runaway

Check for a Runaway

How do I find out if a child has been reported as a runaway?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X