No announcement yet.

My niece 16 and talking bout killing herself

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My niece 16 and talking bout killing herself

    My niece is 16 and her mother beats her, curses her out, put bruises on her body and everything iyou can name... She wants to leave and she told me that if I didn't come get that she would kill herself!!! What can I do?? Do I take her to CPS or Police Department???

  • #2
    Hello there,

    We are glad you reached out to us. Your niece does not deserve to beat and cursed out and she is lucky that she has you and feels comfortable reaching out to you for help. If you feel your niece is ever in immediate danger of herself or her mother you can always call 911. Additional resources for you or your niece are National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255, and Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453).

    It sounds like your niece wants to leave her mother’s house and has threatened to take her life if you don’t get her. It would be really difficult to be put in this situation and it sounds like you are taking steps to help your niece. Filing an abuse report is an option for your niece. In addition to our online services we are available by phone 24/7 (1-800-786-2929) and are here to provide additional support. If your niece wanted to learn more about abuse reporting we can help her walk through the process and answer questions she may have. If you niece is in school there may be a school counselor who could help provide additional resources and support to your niece. If a therapist is something your niece would be interested in we can help locate services or Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (, 1-877-726-4727) is a good resource for locating mental health services.

    This is a very difficult situation you are in and it would be really hard to know what to do next to best help your niece. If you feel your niece is in immediate danger do not hesitate to call 911. If you have additional legal questions you can call the non-emergency police department for your area. If you think your niece would be interested in talking with someone we are here 24/7 and always here to help.

    Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp