No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help

    I'm 19 and going to college and I want to move in with my boyfriend In another state when I get out.about 23 or 24 and I will be saying up and I love him so much and he makes me so happy.and I'm a legal adult and my parents tree s can't tell me that I can't move out or the uh can't tell me who I can date right ? It's my life so they don't have the right to so that since I'm over 21 right?

  • #2
    re: help

    Hi there,

    Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing your story and your questions with us. It sounds like your boyfriend is really important to you. It’s great that you’re asking these questions. So let’s see how we can help you out.

    We aren’t legal experts here, but we are able to speak generally as to what might happen. If you decide to move out at 21, you have the right to move out without anyone deciding where you live. At 21, you have the right to move wherever you want to move and to live with whomever you want. You are also able to date whomever you want.

    We hope that this is helpful to you. If you’d like to talk more about anything or have any further questions, please call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you aren’t able to call, you can chat with us through our website ( from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

    We look forward to your call or chat.

    Best of luck to you,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp