Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce drama, teenagers, and working nights...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce drama, teenagers, and working nights...

I am trying to get a divorce from my teenagers' father (married for 18yrs) after he abandoned my kids (14,16,17) and I, a year and a half ago for a girlfriend of his. He still refuses to sign the stupid divorce papers. I can't afford a divorce attorney, and he hasn't paid a single dime towards any of "our" past bills, or hospital bills for their surgeries, or anything. My kids and I were foreclosed out of our home, and were forced to move into a small apt I cannot afford. I also work nights, and my girls (the older 2) are acting out in any and all ways possible. My oldest daughter is VERY bipolar, the other suffers from stress. My son is more laid back, but my soon-to-be-ex-idiot only picks HIM up to go over to his and his gf's house... basically abandoning the girls (his gf already HAS girls of her own, but no boy). He wants custody and placement of "His boy" and well, I can have the girls. My girls have been active... and I did put them on the depo-provera shot, which I am GLAD I did, or they may well have more problems now than they already have. My oldest daughter is failing school for her 2nd year in a row, and I am trying to get her accepted in a local alternative school option linked to her high school... But when I am at work at night, they are GONE... they don't do chores because I am not THERE. They don't come home since I am not there to MAKE them. I am losing it trying to do everything by myself, and I am cursed double with social anxiety, so just asking for help is HARD. I ended up cancelling an appt to see a divorce attorney for a free meeting... just because I lost my nerve... couldn't do it... WANTED TO... but failed. Seems like that's happening a lot lately.

re: Divorce drama, teenagers, and working nights...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. We’re very sorry your having a difficult time dealing with the situation at home with your children and ex-husband. It sounds like you don’t have much support. Do you have any siblings or other family that can help you watch the kids while you’re at work? Most of our resources are for counseling referrals and shelters. We’re unsure of what kind of help specifically you’re looking for but if you’d like to discuss the situation in further detail to see how we could best help you please don’t hesitate to call our confidential 24 hour hotline 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can live chat with us any day from 4:30-11:30pm central time.

There is also an organization called TEAM H.O.P.E. (Help Offering Parents Empowerment) 1-866-305-4673 that connects parents with other parents who having gone through similar situations to offer support and suggestions on your own situation. We hope this helped.

Best,
    NRS Supervisor
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X