13 year old daughter ran away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 year old daughter ran away

I have a 13 year old daughter who was living in a Children's Home here in my city. This is the 2nd time she has ran away but it has been 2 days and not a word...The first time she ran she was with a boy from school and admitted to having sex for the 1st time. I am terrified of what she could be doing. She is with another girl from the home and I just don't know where to start. I have called all her friends and looked everywhere I can think of.
    Her behavior is what caused us to seek placement and she had been doing well until now. It was very spontaneous they left with nothing but the clothes on their backs. I am terrified. Please someone let me know what else I can do to find her. The police were notified within 20 minutes and also told about where she was previously found.
    I feel helpless , like I am not doing enough.

re: 13 year old daughter ran away

Hi,
    Thank you for posting here at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are going through alot right now with your daughter and that you are very stressed. We are here to help you come up with different options and resources that may help in finding your daughter. It may help somewhat if you can think of any reasons as to why she keeps running away, as well as to think of any resources that she may be going to for help.
    The best way for us to help you would be if you could call so we could be sure to go through everything we can with you. You can start now though by calling the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children if you haven't already done so at 1-800-843-5678 or 1-800-THE-LOST. There, they can make another missing persons report and help you greatly.
    Again, please don't hesitate to call us so we can be sure to help in the best ways that we can. We hope that you are doing ok, and coping as best you can. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Good luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X