Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about using the bus to run away?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about using the bus to run away?

Ok I am a 16 year old boy thats been planning running away for 3 momths now, and i am going to run away across country on a Greyhound bus. Don't wprry, I know the people where I'm going all I have to do is pay for groceries. I have a couple questions.

1. Can a 16 year old buy a ticket at the terminal? I have my birth certificate and I have my Drivers Permit, I don't know if any of this would help certify my age.
    2. Is it very confusing with bags and stuff? I'm only bringing one.

Thanks, but that's about all I need to know.

Re: Questions about using the bus to run away?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you really have been thinking about this for some time. First, to answer both your questions the best suggestion we have is to contact Greyhound since they know their policies much better than we do.

You don't say much about what's going on at home and thats okay but we just want to make sure all options have been thought out. Is this your last option? have you been able to talk to anyone about this decision and if so, what do they think?

We can talk over the situation and work on options with you if that's something you're interested in. Please contact us at 1800-RUNAWAY, we're here 24hrs a day 7 days a week.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Yea I was lookin on Greyhounds website...and there's a bunch of numbers which one should I use to be able to talk to someone? I'm lost on that.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for posting again.
        It seems from your last post you are having trouble with contact numbers for Greyhound. Have you tried any stations in your City and State?
        We invite you to give us a call if you need more information, referrals or options concerning your situation. We are here to listen and we hope to hear from you.
        Our 24hr Hotline number again is 1-800-Runaway.

Take care,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi. I’m thirteen and I’ve been planning to run away for a while, I’m not quite sure how to get a bus in my area that could get out of the state. Is there anything you could recommend?

Comment

• ccsmod6
            ccsmod6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there, thank you for reaching out to us today! It sounds like you are very independent and are looking for a better situation for yourself. We would love to hear more about your situation and see what plan might best fit you for the future. We would also love to discuss with you the traveling options that are available, and inform you of some how-to’s that you are curious about. However, we may need a little more context of what is going on and where you would like to go so we can know what to recommend to you. Also, if you need to get out of the state you might want to think about where you will stay. If it is an emergency and you need to get out of the house, National Safe Place is a great resource to contact for a place to go near you. You can text SAFE & your location to 44357 or visit nationalsafeplace.org. If you call in to our hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can help you look for shelters, conference call to see if they have a bed, and we can discuss your possible options with you. Another possibility is to think of who you might know who you would like to stay with, and talk to them about it. If you have any family, friends, adults, school counselors or personnel in your life that you feel comfortable with talking about your situation, a possibility is to talk with them and see if they will help you. They might also be a helpful resource for you for traveling.
            One last thing to keep in mind is that if you think your parent(s)/guardian(s) may go looking for you, they could file a runaway report, which could lead to the police taking action based on what the protocol is for the department in your area. If you call in to our hotline, we can call your local police department to find out more specific information if it is available. Any adult that is housing you while you are away may also be charged with harboring a minor, which would be a misdemeanor.
            Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us at 1-800-786-2929 or 1800runaway.org. We’re here to listen, here to help.

I'm 13. I'm running away soon, and I need to know if me and my friend can get on a bus without being stopped. To NYC))

Comment

• ccsmod15
            ccsmod15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey thanks for posting!
            It seems like you have some stuff going on and it’s good that you have a friend to come with you and help keep you safe. We aren’t legal experts but generally a bus will require a minor to be accompanied by an adult to get on. That may not be the case everywhere or with each bus line however.If you have more questions feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929.
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X