No announcement yet.

Is this illegal?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod16
    Thanks for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. You have been through so very much, none of it is deserved in any way. Having been raped and then emotionally abused by your dad for this is wrong. WE are very sorry that you weren't supported, and are being further emotionally abused for coming out.
    It's understandable that you want to have a break from them and that you feel safer with your girlfriend's family.
    While in most states it's not illegal to run away, it is a status offence - a thing you can't do, based on your age, which is why your mom can call police and they would return you. They are not usually "understanding".
    We hope they you might reach out to for mental health support as an LGBTQ+ youth. They are there for you 24/7 in a confidential chat. is the National Sexual Assault hotline and they have a confidential chat as well.
    And we are here for you to discuss more fully what your state status offence laws are; what other options you might have and most especially, for us to listen and support you, which is what you deserve. We work best with people when we can have a conversation with you, so we truly hope to hear from you soon. You can chat us through this website, or call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929)

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Is this illegal?

    Is this illegal?

    I am 17 years old and I plan on taking a break from my parents and going to my girlfriends house just maybe over the weekend and then coming back on Monday. I've just been having so much issues with my parents lately, we've been arguing constantly and especially since I recently came out to them as lesbian. My father is the worse one, he tends to make fun of me and tells me,"The only reason why you're gay is because you were r*ped by a male." Recently, I was r*ped by a peer who goes to my school and he brings it up a lot. One thing my father said completely scarred me; we were arguing and I made fun of his head shape *I know that's stupid of me* and he said,"That's why he r*ped your head". I just feel like I wanna punch him every single time, it just hurts seeing him. Not only that he keeps bringing my r*pist up. I don't feel safe around him at all and my younger siblings copy my father, which makes things worse. I feel so depressed living with them and I feel like this is a void that I'll never escape. I am just wondering if possible, would it be illegal if I just stayed over my girlfriend's house for a few days and come back? I know that my mother would call the police and look for me (at the girlfriends house) but I just feel much more safer with her and her family. Am I legally allowed to stay over my girlfriends house just for a weekend? If the police come over, could I explain that my family and I are having issues and I feel safe here and will they be understanding?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp