Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to move out

Me and my gf have been thinking about it for a while now but I'm 17 m and she's 15 f we don't have jobs but we plan on getting jobs as soon as she turns 16 witch is in 1 month we plan on saving up money till we I graduate from high school but the question is would you it be illegal for her to move in with my bc she'd be 17

We are glad you reached out to us. We are not legal experts but we can provide you some general information. Typically, in most states you are not considered an adult until you are 18 years old (this is what is called the age of majority). Up until her 18th birthday your girlfriend’s parents have legal authority over where she lives and her other life choices. If her parents give permission for her to move in with you, it would be best to get a letter in writing from them saying that in case they change their minds.

In some states, there are exceptions for being an adult before 18 if you get married or join the military, but you have to consider if those states also require parental consent for those actions.

We would like to get more information about your situation so we can get you more specific information and options. You can contact us anytime for a chat through our website or on our phone crisis hotline at 1 (800) RUNAWAY. Both are available 24/7 and both are completely confidential.

We hope to hear from you soon.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X