Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 in texas and wants to runaway

I live in Texas and I love my mother, my father left when I was in first grade, my brother was convicted of rapping me when I was in kindergarten. I recently got in trouble at school for missing 12 day in the first 6 weeks and because my mother forged doctors notes because we cant afford to go to the doctor every time I get sick or feel sick, so my principal sent me to the DAEP. That place is so horrible I was only meant to go for three weeks the principal said so but yesterday they gave me a write up because I cant run 2 miles without stopping and because I told them I cant help it if I cant breath, so the write up says lack of effort and arrgumentive, they also took my chair away and im not allowed to sit on the floor or my knees I have to stand all day, but because of the write up they are keeping me for 40 days and if I never meet there standards it'll extend my sentence. I hate that place so much I started thinking of all the ways I could injure myself so they have to let me out, I went as far as thinking about ramming a pencil through my hand. My mom currently has no job and we are living off my dads child support. I often think of suicide, but I hate pain which is why I want to run away because all of this and many more things are causing me mental pains and to top it all off I stopped crying so its all built up with no where to go.

Re: 14 in texas and wants to runaway

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard for support. We are here to listen in this time of need but also for referrals. We want you to know that you are not alone. You are welcome to call us directly over the phone if wish to speak with one of our liners at 1800RUNAWAY. We are not in the position to tell you what to do but we offer insights into what ways you can cope better. How are you coping with everything that is going on? We are sorry to hear that things are not going well lately. It is good to hear that you care for your mother. What is your relationship like with her?

We imagine that it is a good feeling to have relatives you can turn to for support. The action on the part of your brother is something that you did not deserve. It certainly is not fair to you to be treated this way. Have you sought support about these matters as they seem to resurface again? One agency that is able to offer support is Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN) at 1-800-656-4673. They will be able to link you to local services that seek to offer specific support to you.

It seems that you have a mother who is willing to do anything to meet your health care needs and to make sure that you are cared for. We imagine that those involved in the process for your going to DAEP had good intentions at first. However, it does not seem to be working out now. It is obvious that you do not like it there. It sounds like you have a treatment plan but it keeps getting extended when things come up that leads to more consequences. What are the chances of getting your mother involved in a conversation about changes that can be made that will add to you feeling more comfortable until you come home?

It sounds like you were trying to voice your feelings without much understanding to your needs. We imagine it must be hard to not be heard. What feelings trigger you to thoughts of suicide? What needs to change to help you with these thoughts? We imagine 40 days is a long time since you do not want to be there. It sounds like it is a matter of time to get out but things can change.

What can be different to see that you can get it done without resorting to running away? We are not here to talk you out of it but to speak on whether there are alternatives. Do you have a plan if you do? If you wish to contact us to speak more in depth, we are here for you. We wish you good luck. Stay strong.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X