No announcement yet.

Running away with no birth certificate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Running away with no birth certificate

    I’m 19 and am running away to a friends house in Utah to live with forever, I tried to leave before and the first time I left I had my social security card and birth certificate but I was tricked into coming back only so they can take it and hide it away. I’ve searched everywhere for it but can’t find it and they won’t let me leave. So I want to know if I can runaway without a birth certificate even if I know my social security number by heart

  • #2
    Hi there, thank you for reaching out and explaining what has been going on. It sounds like you have tried to leave your house before, but got tricked into coming back. Since you are 19, you have the legal rights to your birth certificate and social security card. We can help you with looking for legal resources to help you get those documents from your parents if you are interested otherwise sometimes local police can help with that as well. You would need to call your local non-emergency number to see if this is something they can help with. If you would like any help with finding resources that might be able to help or would like to discuss this further, please call our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us online We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp