Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17yo Runaway & work

Hi. I'm 17 and am about to finially get out of a abusive home. I've been planning this for a while and finially have enough money to feel safe leaving. The problem is that the money will only last so long. I want to work but am worried about how I'll get paid and if my parents will be alerted when I apply and what will happen if they find me out of state? I just know that I won't make it to be 18 if I don't get out of here...

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are sorry to hear that you have been in an abusive situation and we are glad to hear that you will be out of that environment. Your safety is always the priority and it sounds like you recognize that, which sometimes takes a lot of strength. We hear what you are saying about your financial situation and we understand the importance of income. It sounds like there may be more details to the situation that could be helpful for us to explore options and resources with you and to overall just talk through the situation. Please keep in mind that we are not legal experts, however, we do still have a general understanding on most situations. Please feel welcome to reach out through our online chat portal, found on our website at www.1800runaway.org or give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We would be happy to talk further with you and provide direct support.

Wishing you peace, safety, and outstanding health!

Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X