No announcement yet.

20 year old unning away on an H4 dependent Visa - can't work, how to pay for college

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 20 year old unning away on an H4 dependent Visa - can't work, how to pay for college


    If I live in the Aurora-Naperville area in IL and want to run away, how can I do so? I want to continue my last year of college but can't work legally with my SSN so how can I get money to survive?

  • #2
    Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help. Typically, schools have a counseling or student support office. It may be helpful to reach out to them as well. They may know of programs and resources that can help. It’s difficult for us to provide specific assistance without having a better understanding of your situation. We are not legal experts, so it’s difficult to know what can be done regarding your visa status. Once we better understand your current situation, we can help establish a plan or provide referrals to resources that are better able to help. There may be a local shelter or transitional living program that can provide direct assistance. You can contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or via instant chat at We’re available 24/7 and hope to hear from you soon. Best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp