Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPS is deciding to close my case

Im 13 and I have 2 siblings, I got to leave my parents when my mom dropped us off (me and my middle brother) at my relatives house during covid. My mom is emotionally abusive and doesn’t take care of my baby brother she always neglects him and is very unsanitary when it comes to the apartment. She took my middle brother with her and left me with my aunt and then took me back 2 months ago, As soon as I came back my dad started to take his anger out on me and my siblings and kept being aggressive with us. I called cps with my counselor at school. Cps came but they only talked to me once in private. I have help from the relatives I lived with but my mom got mad at me and made me cut all contact with them and threatened to file a police report on them.My parents acknowledge that they are abusive but deny to get any help. i know my mom doesn’t care about me at all since she told me how she wanted to abort me and put me up for adoption so casually.I want to runaway and get help for my baby brother but I don’t want my mom to hurt anyone or make a police report since she has gotten violent with my relatives before. I know I might get told to contact cps again but my mom made me give her the password to all my contacts and messages. I feel like it’s unlikely cps will help since they believe my parents and they think it’s false when they didn’t check the whole house either. I feel like I should runaway before they close my case so they know it’s serious and not made up but I don’t want anyone to be at risk at harm and I don’t want them to bring me back or my siblings to be in my parents custody, What should I do?

Hello there,

We appreciate you reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We recognize that it takes courage and strength to reach out and seek help during situations like these. We are deeply sorry to hear about the living conditions that you and your siblings are living in and for the abuse you have endured. It sounds like you are looking for support and you very much deserve that, especially at this time. We understand why you feel that running away may encourage CPS to take this case seriously and we understand the conflict that you feel if you leave your baby brother. We recognize that this situation may feel stressful, intense, and maybe even scary right now. We would be more than happy to provide further support for you. By reaching out to us through our online chat portal, found on our website at www.1800runaway or calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we could have a more in-depth conversation with you about the situation and look into different resources that may be able to assist you at this time.

Another viable resource that may be worth looking into is Childhelp. They are an organization that specializes in child abuse support. They may be able to provide extensive support and assistance regarding the abusive situation you have been faced with. Like us, they also have a call and chat option. Unlike us, they also have a text option. Their website is: https://childhelphotline.org/

We are wishing you health, peace, and safety.

Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X