Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im planning on running away

Hello there I'm 16 and I'm planning on leaving tonight. I don't really know how to explain my situation but my mother wants to take me back to my dads who is physically abusive and she said if i left she'd report me as a runaway. I have a friend who has been taking care of me in her place for months and i can provide proof. Is it possible if i call child services he can become a guardian for me?

We are glad you reached out to us for help. Your situation sounds unworkable for you with either parent. It makes sense you want to find another option.

There are more specifics we need to discuss with you to help you finalize your best plan to move forward. In general, however, if you have proof that your Dad is physically abusive and that your Mom is not a suitable guardian or that she does not want you, you do have an opportunity to work with Child Services to find another living arrangement.

Child Services will want to investigate both the situation with your parents and the living arrangement you want to go to. While there are no guarantees on what conclusions and recommendations Child Services will ultimately make, if your Dad has physically abused you and you are in an unsafe environment there, they will not return you to his home.

We would like to talk with you in more detail about your situation and help you make sure you get the outcome that works best for you.

You can contact us anytime 24/7 either through a chat on our website or on a call on our crisis hotline at (800) RUNAWAY.

We hope to hear from you soon.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X