Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im graduating the 21st and im 2 months away from 18 can i runaway

so on the 21st i graduate and im 2 months away from 18 is it still illegal in florida if i move out now

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    so on the 21st i graduate and im 2 months away from 18 is it still illegal in florida if i move out now
    Hi, we're glad you reached out for assistance in dealing with this. You certainly have your reasons for wanting to move out and we're here to support you as best we can.

Technically if you move out now (while you are still 17), you would still legally be under your parents/guardians' custody, and if they reported you missing, law enforcement would be able to investigate where you were and try to return you home. It doesn't necessarily guarantee they would force you to move back home (this can vary based on individual police departments), and are less likely to do so if you are in a place of your own that is safe and stable, but they technically could.

Once you are 18 you could move out on your own with no legal repercussions.

If you'd like to talk more about any of this, please live chat us at 1800runway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X