Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Job / Police

Little birdies are telling me the police are looking for me. I got hired right before I ran away, I left 3 days ago and have orientation tomorrow. Will the police know to look there? I need a job but am terrified of being returned home. I'm 17

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out, we are glad that you did. It's understandable that you are worried about this issue. The question is whether your parents/guardians know that that's where you work and can direct police there at the very time that you are working.
    We can't predict what police may or may not do, or what parents or guardians may or may not do. One thing to consider is that we have a confidential message service by which you can call us; leave a message to a parent for us to deliver. We don't give up information that you tell us, but it is a way to begin communication, which may help them to calm down about using police.
    Only you would know whether message service would help with this. You are very welcome to reach out to our live services to hear more about either Message Service or a Conference Call where we serve as your ally and advocate in trying to work out a compromise with you and parents/guardians. You can chat us through this website or call us at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY).
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X