No announcement yet.

i need advice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod2
    Hello! Thank you for contacting NRS. We are sorry to hear about your grandma and that you are having a difficult time at home. It sounds like your mom is taking a lot of control over your life and it’s understandable to feel like you’re not sure what to do. We are here to support you as best we can.

    We are not legal experts, and we are non-directive, so we will generally not tell individuals what they should or should not do. What other options have you considered? Would you want to talk to the lawyer about getting emancipated? Is there another family member or friend that you would want to stay with? If you are willing, it might be best if you were to contact us directly so we can have an informed conversation.

    Would you be willing to talk with a trusted adult about your home situation? This could be a teacher, counselor, or other family member. It’s possible that they can also support you during this challenging time.

    You mentioned that your mom will threaten to kick you out. You can report any mistreatment to Child Protective Services. Child Help 1-800-422-4452 is an organization that helps protect minors from harm and can help with filing an abuse report. NRS is available to have a conference call with their agency if you need support with making a report.

    We hope this helps. We are available 24/7 by phone (1-800-786-2929) and Live Chat ( if you would like to contact us and discuss this further.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic i need advice

    i need advice

    for context my grandma was my legal guardian but she passed away last year in may from cancer, her husband was supposed to take over her role as guardian after her passing but he didn’t sign the guardianship papers. this lead to me starting to an guardian lawyer person reaching out to me that start a process of me possibly getting emancipated, but that was thrown out the window when my biological mother got out jail her and her dad became my legal guardians. my biological mother 36 female is a recovering addict, she had never been a mother to me and even now she is not a mother to me. she takes complete advantage of me and she does it as much as possible, if i do something that she doesn’t like she threatens to basically kick me ouy knowing her mom’s ex husband would not let me back into his house. since im sixteen my job that i have been working at made my legal guardian sign consent papers and i thought about faking a signature at the time, but i figured the right thing to do was to give to her because i thought she would be a parent to me. that was another big mistake i made, because all it did is give leverage over me, now she constantly threatens to call up to my job or go in person and revoke her consent for me to work. i don’t know how or even if i should tell the manager that, she is only saying that for if or when she kicks me out i have no income and i have no choice but be homeless or apologize and stay with her in her dads house. the only reason i have put up with it is because i don’t have anywhere else to go, i don’t turn seventeen until june and overall i dont want to end up in foster care or something so any advice
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp