Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Leave (18, California)

Hi, im 18 with no job and going to college rn and I live in california. I cant put up with my parents bullying and emotional abuse anymore but i have nowwhere to go. My family will all take my parents side and being around them is negative too. I have about $6000 saved up, but in california its literally impossible to move anywhere and I feel like I need to move out but i dont want to stop my education. i tried applying to the california conservation corps but nobody ever got back to me. can somebody give me any advice?

Hi, thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. We are sorry that you are going through this bullying by you parents. You don't deserve to be treated this way and it's understandable to want to leave.
    At 18 in CA, you do have the right to leave without anyone being able to make you return, so you may want to look for a roommate through school or through friends and then work while you go to school to make your money last.
    You are welcome to reach out to our live services to discuss this more. You can chat us through this website, or call 1-800-786-2929, both are available 24/7.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X