Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont what to do anymore I am stuck and need help!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont what to do anymore I am stuck and need help!!!

Hello I am a 15 yr old whose about to turn 16 soon and I have questioning myself my whole life.Well here is the summary of it i have been in foster care since I was 6 and I've always tried to make friends but I never really fit it anywhere.I have no problems making friends its the trust that gets to me. You know i can't ever really trust no one these days .Like life took at turn and things got crazy. Well I have been living in this foster home for a long time where I call it home .Don't get me wrong I learned to love it here.But I'm always reminded that I have the same genes as my birth mother and i have done some terrible things in the past. I always fail to always let everyone down for some reason. Can someone please help me.......I dont want to hurt my brothers feelings if i go

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you have been through so very, very much. Your birth mother let you down, and when that happens to children, our sense of trust can be truly compromised. We are hard-wired to trust our parents, and when that trust is broken, we can then find ourselves applying that mistrust to everyone in every situation, so it's understandable that you feel this way.
    Your mother treated you this way because of who she is, NOT because of who you are and so her genes may inform you eye color or height, but not your personality. You are not, in any way, fated to be like her. Not at all. You are your own person, with a different experience and world view than her. Clearly, you love your foster brothers and other things about your current home. That is exactly what you deserve to have and to feel.
    To help people further than this public forum, we invite you to reach out to our live services so we can have a conversation with you. You can chat us through this website, or call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). Both are confidential and 24/7
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X