Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be illegal to runaway to a partners house for a day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be illegal to runaway to a partners house for a day?

I’m been with my GF 3 months and we’ve been very restricted by there parents and we are very unable to see each other would it be illegal for them to run away to my home for a day to like shock the parents into understand the issue?

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what has been going on. It must be very frustrating to want to spend time with your girlfriend and to have their parents restrict your time together for whatever reason. While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission- even for a day. If your girlfriend is under the age of 18 and their parents did not give them permission to go to your house, it is possible that their parents could call the police and may file a runaway report. It is also be possible that you or your family might be in trouble and may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer any legal questions.

We understand that this may be a difficult situation and we are here to support you during this challenging time. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us at www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) to discuss your situation further. If you or your girlfriend are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you both to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X