No announcement yet.

I need help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help

    I dont know how to start this....
    I have a good life at home and some what supporting family.
    I have a year and a day younger brother who is one of my bestfriends, however I know for a fact that my parents love him more than me...Dont tell me I'm wrong, because I know im not.
    Ive been gettting into alot of toruble lately (my parents are pissed about my descions) and I am on somewhat probation.
    I got into a fight last year and i had to take a class to clear my record, but i have to keep my name of a police report for that inceident to be completly off of my record.
    The next thing is, im in love...dont try to tell me im not cause i finally know what love feels like.
    Im 14 going to be 15 and hes 16. His family has offered me a place to stay , i just want to know if im going to get in trouble or is he or his family?
    I live in Alb. Nm and from doing tons of research on the internet "It isnt a crime to run away"

  • #2
    Re: I need help

    Thank you for reaching out to us and posting a bulletin. We are sorry to hear that your parents love your younger brother more. That sounds like it would be tough to feel that way. Have you talked to anyone about how you feel (your brother, parents, teacher, relative, friend, boyfriend, etc)? You had mention that you are somewhat on probation, do you know if you are still on probation then? We are not here to tell you what to do or what not to do.

    It sounds like you have thought about leaving home. From our website there are a few questions to think about:

    • What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    • What would make me stay at home?
    • How will I survive?
    • Is running away safe?
    • Who can I count on to help me?
    • Am I being realistic?
    • Have I given this enough thought?
    • What are my other options?
    • If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    • When I return home, what will happen?

    It sounds like you have thought about where you might stay and worked on your own research. We are glad to hear that you have a supportive and caring boyfriend. It is always nice to know what love feels like and to be in a healthy relationship. Do you think your parents will file a runaway report? You are right, that usually running away is not legal. It is considered a status offense. This means if your parents have the right to file a runaway report with the local police if you leave without their consent. The report in entered into the national database (NCIC), which can be accessed by any law enforcement agency in the US. Generally, if the police pick you up and find out that you are a runaway; they will return you back home. Unless, you identify that home is not safe, then the police will contact Child Protective Services for assistance.

    If your parents file a runaway report with the local police, your parents then have the right to charge the adult of the household with harboring a runaway. Anyone that assistance you in running away (financially, transportation, food etc.), could be considered as contributing to a minor delinquency.

    We are a 24/7 confidential, non-judging, anonymous crisis line. You are welcome to call us to discuss your situation in more detail. We can also provide local resources, shelter information, conference calling and message relay. We look forward in hear from you and wish you the best!

    Take care,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp