Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run away and get a job at 16 (17 in 2 months)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I run away and get a job at 16 (17 in 2 months)?

I have no parents or family and am staying at a non profit organization in Nevada. Im being out on probation but haven’t been assigned my officer yet. They’re not placing me in a home because of my record, and the group home I’m in has violated their rights multiple times so I ran away & they’re claiming to press charges on me for property damages (I think may be a broken window?) but they’re extremely corrupt and mistreat me and nobody has listened to me about how unhealthy it is. I only want to get a job & be independent, can I do this if o run away to another county? Is there a way for me to just do this and they can transfer my probation officer? I’m a male and I’ve kept my head down and everything but the staff try to provoke me at the group home & have told my case worker I’m doing awful things that I’m NOT doing and because of this she declined someone request for custody of me.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you are going through a rough time right now and have had accusations against you that are not true. It sounds like a rather complicated situation, but the best advice we could probably give would be for either you to call your caseworker about the situation or give us a call and see how we can help. We are here 24/7 and are totally confidential. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can chat with us via the chat feature on our website: www.1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon!

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X