Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and want to move in with my girlfriend

Hello so I have been in a pickle recently my father was very abusive towards me and I moved out and moved in with my mother he still has custody of me, can I just move in with them and go to school and have my mother fill out paperwork but they live far away from me I visit them alot though and I just want to get some help. Confused and in need of help.

This is what i have so far....Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. We understand it can be difficult asking for help and appreciate you sharing some of what’s been going on. We are sorry you had to experience abuse from your father. You do not deserve to be abused in anyway. At any point in the future if you feel you are at risk of being harmed, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or Child Protective Services. Additionally, Child Help (1800-422-4453/www.childhelp.org) is an agency that help protect minors from being harmed. Regarding moving in with your girlfriend, you must get your parents permission. Otherwise, your parent(s) can file a runaway report with the police and have you returned home. Also, those you decide to live with may be charged with harboring a runaway. You can always contact your local non-emergency police or legal aid to answer legal question since we are not experts on the law here at NRS. If you would like to talk more in detail, please call or chat us soon at 1800-786-2929 or www.1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon!

Good Luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X