No announcement yet.

im tryna run away at the age of 14

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • im tryna run away at the age of 14

    OK i got alot to say
    so i want to run away bc i cant stand it here where i am right now. im just suffering with mental problems and lonelyness and stuff and my dad is being very controling like he be telling me "what you think doesnt matter you do what i say and thats that" and hes always threatening me and my brothers and sisters so i really need to get away from here. and my dad is always treating everyone like sh** especially my mom, he is crazy he thinks the "government" is after him and hes always drinking and smoking all the money my mom makes for rent away and it just feels abusive here.... mentally atleast for me
    i do have plans already, im in orlando right now planning on running away to chicago. i already have plans on everything im enrolled in k12 online school so i can keep up with that i have a studio to do music and all that so i dont go broke but the thing is i dont have a way to get there besides a bike and im trying to go over there because i have a girlfriend over there and shes the only thing that keeps me going because when im here im suicidal so idk what to do (someone to run away with would be nice ) (and im 14 with 5 little sisters 1 older brother and 2 little brothers)

  • #2


    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline! We appreciate you reaching out and are here for you. What you think and feel matters to us! It sounds like your dad’s behavior has had a major impact on your mental health. It’s great that your girlfriend has been there to support you through this.

    We are not legal experts but can try to provide some information for you. Since you are 14, your parents could report you as a runaway and you might be returned home if you were to leave. Anyone who you were staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway if that were to happen.

    If you are feeling unsafe, you could report mistreatment to Child Protective Services. They could send someone over to assess your safety and could remove you from the home if they believe it is unsafe. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed.

    The National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-2738255 provides 24/7 services for anyone who is suicidal or feeling emotionally distressed. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help and we want you to know that you matter.

    We recommend speaking with a trusted adult about how you are feeling. We are also available 24/7if you would like to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or contact by Live Chat. Please feel free to reach out if you are in need of more information or support!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    • #3
      i dont have a any trusted adults and if i contact child protection servises they could also remove the rest of the kidz and i dont want to do that to my mother i just want to leave by myself


      • ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It was brave of you to share what is going on right now. You are going through a lot, and you deserve to feel supported throughout all of this. It sounds like the people who are supposed to be taking care of you are not giving you the support you need. It was compassionate of you to think of your siblings. Please know that if you are feeling unsafe, we can always provide you with the resources you need. It might be a good idea to see if you are able to call in or chat online (1-800-786-2929 or We have many resources that can help youth find shelters, transitional living programs, legal information, and much more. We can also help you report any abuse that might be happening at home so that a caseworker will be notified to assess your situation if necessary.
You mentioned you were also thinking about running away. We can help you find shelters or transitional living programs that help youth get on their feet, but some information that might be helpful to keep in mind is that those who are younger than 18 typically cannot leave home without their guardian’s permission. So if you were to run away, your mother can call the police to file a runaway report. If that were to happen, they could look for you and bring you back home if found.

        You are going through a lot, and we appreciate you reaching out to us. Please feel free to contact us whenever is suitable for you as we are open 24/7. If you feel that you are in immediate danger, please do not hesitate to contact the police (911) to get immediate assistance.

        We hope to hear from you soon,
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp