Can my parent unlist me as a runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my parent unlist me as a runaway

Ive been a runaway for almost 4 months. I will be 18 in march. And my parents dont want me back. And i have been in contact wit my mom for months, trying to get enrolled into school. But she wont do it. Anf i was wondering if they could unlist me as a runaway. I really need to try something because my parents are of no help.

RE:
    Can my parent unlist me as a runaway

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, we hope to help as best we can. Your parents can call the local police department where they reported you as a runaway initially and say you came home, or that they are okay with you staying where you are and no longer need to have you listed as a runaway. Also, once you do turn 18 any runaway reports will automatically be erased from the system with or without input from your parents as you would likely be considered an adult in your state.
    Schools are also required to allow you to enroll if you are considered homeless, regardless of the reasons why. If you are staying with friends to be safe you still have a right to an education, If you'd like to discuss this any further or you have any other questions please reach out to us via chat or phone!
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X