Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 14 years old and I want to live with my dad. Can I choose who to live with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Thank you for writing us at NRS. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and we appreciate you sharing what’s been going on. It sounds like you’re overwhelmed at home and torn about who to live with and that is completely understandable to feel that way. That’s a difficult situation to be in and you feel that living with you Dad is an option to correct the situation. Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. For example, if you would like to role play what you would say to your mom or dad for a different living arrangement, we can help with that. We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We are open 24/7 and can help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail, please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).You also mentioned being harmed and we are sorry you had to experienced that. You don’t deserve being harmed in anyway. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Leave a comment:

• I'm 14 years old and I want to live with my dad. Can I choose who to live with?

Lately, my mom and I haven't been on the best of terms. We would disagree and she would start yelling and grounding me. She says I have disrespected her in which I have never said anything rude or mean about her. The latest problem was that she was forcing me to get the Covid-19 vaccine. But I said I really don't want it and expressed how concerned I was but she didn't care. And then the day I was supposed to get the vaccine, I refused to go in the car and so she started to hit my bottom. And I didn't even insult them or deserve the spanking. Both my mom and step-father were yelling at me and my mother telling me how much she should've beat me when I was younger. This was two weeks before school starts. The schedule to go to my dad's is seeing him from Friday evening to Sunday evening every other weekend in the school year, and then Friday evening to the next week on Friday every other week in the summer. I am about to go into high school and I don't know how I'll be able to live with this schedule much more if I don't say anything about it. I want to live with him but I just don't know if I can really choose.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X