Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away to a different state

I'm currently in ****** and I'm planning to run away to my friends house in ******. Me and him are discussing the legalities and what it would take, since walking would take around 100 hours-
    I'm planning to have my partners parents drive me if they are willing or return to my mothers house if I can't go to ***
    I'm staying in a foster home at the moment and it is not where I want to be. I was transferred here because I needed a break from my mother (She was becoming abusive and toxic but I am noticing she's been changing based around what my sisters/their families have been saying about her and text messages between them) and ended up staying in a hospital for a week before being transferred two towns away to a foster home. I am not being abused, starved, hurt, etc. This house is just mentally lowering and exhausting me, it feels like imprisonment.
    I am very aware that running away can get you into trouble, but I need to do this.
    I may stay at my partner, Toby's, house until we can find out where I can go because I'm pretty sure my foster parents don't know much about them/where they live and I have a plan on getting to their house but it would have to take place when school starts (I would follow their moms car to their house and bunk there).
    I'm aware harboring a runaway can get both parties (The runaway and whoever their bunking with) in trouble.
    Any tips or suggestions on what to do in terms of what would be best for my situation and the legalities? Thanks!! I really need this,
    Last edited by ccsmod16; 08-09-2021, 12:14 AM. Reason: Removed youth names and placenames

Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out, we are glad that you did. You will notice that we edited out names and places to protect you on this public forum. It sounds like you have been through a lot with your mom being abusive and toxic and now being in a foster home. It's understandable to feel like going to a trusted friend.
    But as mentioned above, this is a public forum. We work best when we can have a conversation with you and to be able to help you identify your options. We are confidential to you and we are here to help you to be as safe as possible if you do decide to go.
    You can reach us 24/7 via phone at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat through this website.
    We truly hope to hear from you soon so that we can listen and help.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X