No announcement yet.

My daughter

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have some legal questions about your daughter living alone.

    First, know that we are not legal experts. Cases of minors who have run away or who are living alone can handled very differently based on the situation. It sounds like your daughter had been living with your sister in a safe environment in Ohio, but since your sister has to leave the country, you are unsure of whether or not your daughter can still stay in the home or if you can go stay with her there.

    Generally, when police respond to a case where a minor has run away, it is because their parent or guardian filed a runaway report. It sounds like you want to go to Ohio to stay with your daughter and help her finish school. Unless there are legal arrangements such as her aunt and uncle being her legal guardians or them not wanting her to stay in the house alone until you come, it sounds like you would be able to go to Ohio to be with your daughter.

    Again, though, we are not legal experts and if there is more information such as her aunt having guardianship, it might be helpful to reach out to the local police in the county where your daughter is living to confirm your plan. You can ask questions to gauge your and your daughter’s rights in the situation.

    Additionally, our lines are open 24/7 and our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are toll-free and confidential and have a chat on our website as well. We would be happy to speak to you or your daughter and offer support and more specific resources.

    Best of luck,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic My daughter

    My daughter

    Greetings ,
    my daughter she is 17 years and half , she was staying with my sister in another state . But unfortunately my sister became very sick and she will travel with her husband who is working up board.
    and I want her to complete her high school at Ohio.
    my question is legally she can stay alone there if I go with her and settle her down and what do I need to do exactly.
    She has the American passport by birth.
    your reply will be appreciated.
    Thank you .
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp