•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    replied
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at NRS. It sounds like there is a lot that you are faced with at home and you feel leaving may be your best option. You mentioned having a plan to run away to another country outside of the United States and having some questions about that. We are not legal experts so unfortunately we are not able to address your questions regarding using a fake I.D. We do know that living in another country usually requires you go through a visa and formal documentation process in order to live there legally. You may also find you are not able to travel internationally without a passport and parental consent. It would be helpful to do more research on this, so that you have a better idea of what restrictions to expect. While we are not legal experts, we do know that 18 is usually the age you are able to leave home without permission and choose where you live. Until 18, your parents or legal guardians do have some control in where you live and your ability to live independently. If you leave without permission, your parents have the option to report you as a runaway to law enforcement. You would be at risk of being returned home.

If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore all of your possible options, please do not hesitate to contact us directly by phone or live chat. 1-800-RUNAWAY; 1800runaway.org.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Running away to England

Running away to England

Hi, my name is Peter and im 16. Me and my friend plan on running away to England but we have some questions we need help with.
    1. Can we rent an apartment if we are only 16, what are all the things we will need (papers, etc.) and if we cant rent, is getting a Fake ID a good solution?
    2. What is the best way to find a job and where can we find it?
    3. How to change our names and get IDs according to them? (this is the option without getting a Fake ID)
    4. Is it a good idea to get a Fake ID?
    All help is very appreciated
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X