X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please :/

Help :/
    Ill try to explain my situation as best as i can. I am close to 17 years old currently. When i was in forth grade my mom had a third child so now i have an older and younger sister. I dont know if its just because i am a boy or something else, but ever since my little sister was born the way ive been treated by my parents, especially my mom, has slowly degraded. Middle school ended in me becoming depressed because of the way my mom treats me and my friend told the school and I was sent to get a mental evaluation. My mom had to come in school and take me to the mental hospital. She made me lie on the evaluation so I didn’t get any help and the whole situation just made her angrier and me more depressed. High school started a bit better but lately shes slowly passed all of the chores and housework onto and and is treating me more like a butler than her son. She sometimes buys me things to make up for the love and respect shes not giving me and that just makes me more upset. She talks very condescending and down to me and lets everyone constantly criticize me but i always get consequences for stating my opinion. Its making me feel totally helpless and useless and shes taking away all the things that matter most to me. i like my friends parents better than my own because they are much nicer to me and I don’t know what to do. my mom is extremely smart and manipulative and will always make it seem like its my fault. Im scared ill do something stupid soon and ******** up my life, please help me.

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear you are being treated like this at home. You deserve to live in an environment where you are respected, cared for, and loved.
    It sounds like you are having a difficult time at home and it's negatively impacting your mental health. One option could be to talk to a trusted adult (like your friend's parents), family member, or school teacher/guidance counselor and tell them about how your mom is treating you and your depression. They may be able to direct you to a resource or provide tips on dealing with your mom and your feelings. Another option could be to involve a trusted adult to speak on your behalf to your mom and have a serious conversation about how her behavior is impacting your mental health. It could also be helpful to see a doctor or therapist.
    We want you to know that you are not alone. You may be feeling scared or helpless but we are here to listen and help you navigate your problems. Please feel free to chat with us or call us at 1800-RUNAWAY.
    Good luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X