I wants to leave my home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wants to leave my home

I am 15 live in New York, there is some issue going on in my family that makes me wants to leave. Is I runaway without any identification, like passport or birth certificate what will happen to me in the future.

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

While we can't say for sure what will happen in the future if you run away without any identification, there are good chances that getting identification later down the line will be difficult for you, though not impossible. Generally speaking, in order to get one form of identification, you need another form of identification, which you can't get without another form of identification. It can be a frustrating and timely process, and it's highly likely that you'd need support from a legal professional in navigating it down the line. If you don't have identification, it can make getting a job harder, as well as getting paid harder. No identification means you won't be able to open a bank account to cash any checks, nor will you be able to cash a check by going into a currency exchange. If you're interested in going to college, this could also pose an a problem in getting you registered. Beyond some of these scenarios you might face as you get older, it's generally a good idea to have a form of identification on you in case of an emergency. If something happens to you, emergency supports (like police and paramedics) need to be able to identify who you are, which could help them in how they're able to help you.

If you have any other questions or want to discuss your situation in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org.

We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X