No announcement yet.

i need help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i need help

    im 16, almost 17 in a few months and i live with my mother, my mom and dad are separated and i cannot go and live with my dad since he has molested me when i was younger and physically abused me. my mom physically and emotionally abuses me constantly for years, she has done this to all of my siblings who now hate her and dont speak to her. i live in new york and im wondering if she would be able to do anything if i ran away at 17 out of state and didnt tell her where i was going? would that be safer than getting emancipated? i dont know how to get emancipated and i dont know how long the process is but if its long then i might not be able to do it otherwise she will physically and mentally abuse me until i drop it. i seriously dont know what to do and i dont feel safe at all anymore. she beat me today and gave me a bloody nose and bruises on my hands and arms. seriously please help. cps has done nothing to help me throughout years of telling them what she does to me and the school counselors dont help at all either infact they tell her i told them and it makes it 10 times worse, im scared i will never be able to escape her.

  • #2
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive and only can respond to forums twice. You know your situation best.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp