moving out NY at 18- in 3 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving out NY at 18- in 3 months

Can I move out at 18 if im still in highschool? Will my school allow me to transfer to highscools in another state? if so , what do i need to do so

Thank you for contacting NRS,
    It sounds like you are 18 and wanting to transfer elsewhere. we are sorry to hear home is not somewhere you feel comfortable. From what we understand every case is different and would depend on the school administration. Some things to keep in mind are that as an adult at 18 you would technically have the ability to do so. However, some schools will not recognize you as an adult until you graduate. It might be a good idea to get in touch with your school and ask them what their procedure as you are not doing anything wrong but more so just asking a question.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X