15 runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 runaway

I am 15 and dont feel safe in my home. I have a safe place to stay with my boyfriend who is 17. He lives alone with parent permission and has a stable well paying job that could support us both, if cops do find me there would they bring me back home even though i do not feel safe there and i am someplace safe?

First of all, thank you so much for reaching out to NRS today. It takes a lot of courage to reach out, especially in such a difficult situation. We are so sorry to hear that you do not feel safe at home – everyone deserves a safe and supportive place to live.
    In terms of living with your boyfriend, it is not illegal to runaway at age 15. However, if you do so, your parents may decide to file a runaway report. In this case, the police may come looking for you, and if they do find you, they are likely to bring you back home. If you share with them you feel unsafe at home, they may do a wellness check at your house trying to understand the situation better.
    You mention you do not feel safe at home. If there is any abuse going on at home, and you are interested in reporting this abuse, you can look at childhelp.org and find the number for you state. If you want to report, but need help doing so, you are welcome to reach out to us anytime at 1800runaway.org through live chat or over the phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929).
    Lastly, if you want to reach out to us just to talk about your situation more in depth or search for resources with us, we are happy to talk through that with you. We are available 24/7 and want to help in whatever way we can.
    Best of luck and stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X