Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13, want to run away

hello. i am 13 years old and i want to run away. my mom is abusing me mentally (or however you say it) and i want to get away. what do i do?

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting NRS. We appreciate you being honest about your situation with us. From what you have told us it seems as though your mom has been hurting you mentally. We are sorry to hear that. Please know that you do not deserve to be treated with disrespect. You mentioned running away. Some thing to keep in mind are that it is not a crime to run away from home. However a person cannot leave home until they are 18. If you were to leave before 18 your parents/guardians have the right to file runaway report. From there the cops can be looking for you and bring you back home. It is important to make sure that you think about your safety first as your first priority and plan things out as well if you do choose to run away. Some other things that you can try are maybe to talk to your mom. Maybe she has family that she would be willing to let you live with or friends that she is comfortable with. Finally the last option is to explore child abuse reporting. Reporting is never 100% but can help bring others in to your situation and give them the ability to help. You can do this by contacting us and we would be happy to help. Another child abuse reporting organization is Child Help (800-422-4453 or online at https://www.childhelp.org/ ) They also help report alongside you so it is not that scary and you have support.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X