Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m a 20 y/o immigrant and I need to move out

So I’ve been living in America since I was 10, illegally, and because I don’t have A social security number I can’t get a job, I also don’t fall under any categories to get DACA which has made everything even more difficult,’y family complains about everything and anything I do specially my not being able to work, my siblings are American so they don’t understand and I’m tired of my family but I need money to move out and rent a place but I can’t get a job because of my immigrant status. What should I do?

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing your situation. It sounds like you are in a very tough situation with wanting to move out and live independently but having more challenges due to your immigration status. It can be very overwhelming to have these barriers in front of you while also living with people who don't fully understand or support your situation. We want you to know that you are not alone in this. We understand it can feel hopeless in difficult circumstances, but you do have options and resources available to you that can help.

We are not legal experts here at NRS, so we can't give specific answers regarding your DACA eligibility or how you might be able to obtain documents like a social security number and ID. However, we are happy to refer you to local resources that can help with these this as well as support finding stable housing and employment! If you reach out to us directly by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org we can look for resources in your area and help you brainstorm your next steps. Moving out and living independently can certainly be options to pursue. We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X