Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 14 and have questions about school

Im running away soon ive read up on the mckinney vinto act and i want ti attend school but people keep telling me that theyll call cps or something on me im 14 and need to know if that is true i live in california if that helps

Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are in a tough situation and you are wanting to run away and attend school using the Mckinney Vento Act. We are not legal experts, but we can generally answer your question.

The Mckinney Vento act is to help homeless youth enroll in school, rather than runaway youth specifically. So they do have measures in place that might make it difficult for you to enroll as a runaway. Here is the Homeless Education Helpline if you have any questions about that process: (800) 308-2145, they can talk to you more in detail about what it means to enroll as a homeless youth.

Seems like you are planning on running and there might be a lot of stressors in your life. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you do want to talk through your situation. We are here for you, and our primarily concern is your safety: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X