No announcement yet.

running away from probation/ old life

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • running away from probation/ old life

    im 17 and i turn 18 in exactly 14 days, im on probation for paraphernalia, disorderly conduct, trespassing and thats really it all my other charges got dropped im tired of living my stressful life at home i have no where to go around here i just simply want to leave and not look back its not i would be missing much anyway.. (dont ask why, i dont wanna talk about issues.)so im on probation and can be on till im 21 my judge wants me to complete school but i want to drop out and just work n get my GED, obviously she didnt like to hear that and called me immature and such n such, i smoked weed because it helps me a lot woth everything going on but thats a violation of my probation i can medically get it at the age of 18 in my state and i qualify for it, but then again you cant smoke while on probation. i dint want to stay on until im 21 and btw i failed 2 years so i still have plent of time left n im gonna fail this year... so simply my question is if i runaway to another state or possibly even canada will they try to get me back? its not like in have felonies n im such a bad guy we all had mad mistakes when we’re younger, if i flee to canada and work my ass off, pay my taxes and wait the 3 out of the 5 years to qualify a citizenship there will i be fine? would i have to worry about them chasing me down and trying to expedite me? i ouldnt think so because im doing everything right in canada and following all the laws, paying my taxes etc..

  • #2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and we want you to know that you are not alone.

    We know you mentioned wanting to run away to another state or Canada, we are not legal experts but we do have some information. If you were to leave at 18 years old in most states, you would be legally allowed to leave. Being on probation may change that and you may have to let your probation officer know where you move to and they would need to accept it. By not having their permission they would most likely try and find you and you can end up in trouble because that would probably be a violation of your probation. If you still do decide to leave you may want to consider how you would get to another state or to Canada and how you would survive. We know you mentioned you do not like living at home you may want to consider talking to someone about what is going on.

    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are available 24/7 to listen and to provide you with support. Best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      but if im in another country causing no problems what so ever why would they want to send me back if i want to be Canadian citizen? its too much money to expedite me and then again canada can deny it right?


      • ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Again,

        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline again, we are here to help and here to listen.

        Unfortunately, we are not familiar with the laws in Canada so we are unsure about how you would become a citizen or if they can deny you. You can always reach out to the Canadian embassy to find out how to become a citizen and explain your situation.

        We wish you the best of luck!
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp