• Show
Clear All

Where do i go to look up runaway's

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there thanks for reaching out,
      There are a few different ways you can check if someone has been reported as a runaway.
      Calling a local Police Department and asking
      The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children missingkids.org
      Child Find childfindofamerica.org
      Polly Klaas Foundation pollyklaas.org
      These are the most readily available options to see if there is a report out for a runaway. If you have more questions please reach out to our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online.

Where would I go to find out if I'm a run away even though I was kicked out of my home multiple times throughout the years?

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things have been very difficult and stressful for you having been kicked out so many times and not knowing your status. You don’t deserve to have been treated this way and we are sorry you’ve had to go through this. It isn’t right and it isn’t fair.

One way to find out is to call your local police station, or your city’s non emergency number and asking. You can also call our hotline and we would make the call for you and it’s our number on the caller id. We hope that helps.

The best way for us to help you is by listening to you and helping you to figure some options to help in your situation. We are here for you or the youth 24/7 either by calling 1-800-786-2929 or via live chat through www.1800runaway.org

We are confidential and are here 24/7 to listen and help.
      Sincerely,
      NRS

Im checking to see if a boy staying with me is a runaway. He says he dont get along with his dad his mom passed away and his stepmom don't like him.

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there –

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are here for you through these tough times we are facing, and are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding runaway or homeless youth.

I understand that you have a boy staying with you who you think may be a runaway. If this young man is over the age 18 he would not be considered a runaway in most states. Some states however have different ages of majority which may vary. To know if the child living with you is in fact a runaway, you can contact your local non-emergency police department to find out more information on what has been filed. I understand that giving information to the police may be scary but they will have access to the NCIC and can provide better information on whether or not this young man has been put through their system. An alternative hotline that takes reports of runaways is “National Center for Missing and Exploited Children” (1.800.843.567. They might also be able to give you information on whether or not he is a runaway.

If you would like more information regarding your situation we urge you to reach out to us on our 24/7 toll-free number at 1(800)-RUNAWAY. We can give you case specific information as well as resources for this young man who is staying with you.

Thank you again for reaching out and stay safe!

How do I find out if a kid is a run away?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.
      For checking if a youth is a runaway the most straightforward way is to reach out to local police to inquire if someone by that name and birthday is reported as a runaway or missing. Another way to check is through the National Center for Mission and Exploited children at missingkids.org or pollyklaas.org
      If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X