No announcement yet.

My 17 girlfriend wants to move in with me.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My 17 girlfriend wants to move in with me.

    Ok so my 17 year old Girlfriend wants to move in with me. She lives in New York and I live in Missouri. Can she legally move in with me if she has at least one of her parents permission? Her dad has gave her the go ahead as long as she has a stable home and good living conditions which she will have, but her mom wants her to be a slave and do house work till she is 18 November 25th which is her birthday day. I am 18 if that helps at all.

  • #2
    Hey there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing a little about what is going on. We are not legal experts, but we can share with you what we know generally about runaway laws. It would be ideal for both her parents to be on board with her moving in with you. If the mother does not agree to it, she can report your girlfriend as a runaway, which may put you in danger of being charged with harboring a runaway. If you are concerned about the legality of your situation, you can always contact your local police or a lawyer to determine what the exact laws in your area are.

    Best of luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp