No announcement yet.

Online friend stuck in abusive household

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod2
    Hello There,

    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are a really supportive friend.
    It sounds like your friend Is going through a difficult time, and they are not alone. Sometimes it may take multiple abuse reports or a different social worker for a different outcome. You or John can make a report by calling Child help at 1800-422-4453. Or you both could make a report by calling or chatting with us. Also by giving John support and being there for them may be super helpful.
    If you or john would like to talk more about the situation or explore options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Online friend stuck in abusive household

    Online friend stuck in abusive household

    I have this online friend who is stuck in a very abusive household. The friend, let’s say “John”, is neurodivergent and borders on physically disabled. He lives soley with his mother, who has physically abused him in the past, and only stopped so no one would take him away. She keeps him out of school by lying about him being homeschooled, he has no phone, and no access to other adults that may care. The police have come to his home and done nothing and he’s had a social worker tell him “it’s not abuse if there’s no blood”. He has no friends in his real life that he can stay with and there are no shelters near him. What can I do to help John?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp