Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want out

IM 16 almost 17 in newyork and i want out.Im adopted and my parents dont even love me.I hate it here.Im sick of how toxic they are.Today they told me i lied and i didn't so they grounded me for a day. and i kept explain why they were wrong. so they added a day for "my attitude" so when my "dad" came in a told him and he said make that three and i said why and he said 4 and nows it's 3 months.Im sick of always doing stuff right then making a mistake or not even making a mistake and getting punished. never feel good enough. they dont even love me so why am i even here. i just want out. my life before this was hell so what the hell did i do to get this life.help

Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now and we want you to know that you are not alone.
    Getting grounded we know is not fun and feels unfair, and we are sorry that you got grounded today. Your parents may not know how to show you love and it can feel hurtful when you don’t feel loved by them. We know you mentioned wanting out we are not legal experts but we do have some information on what could happen. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they could bring you back home. In most states the legal age to leave home without permission is 18.
    You could consider talking with a school counselor about what is going on at home. We know with COVID a lot of schools are virtual, counselors are still meeting with students virtually.
    We are here for you 24/7 if you have any more questions or need someone to talk to. Please do not hesitate to reach out by phone or by chatting with us. Best of luck, stay strong!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X