X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. If you want to file an abuse report there are a few ways you can do that. One is through a teacher or doctor or police officer. Another would be directly to your state’s CPS or DCFS/DCS agency. You can also report through our hotline or through the National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453). If you would like to talk more about what’s going on or make a report with us, please call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    How do I file a report 8 am not the same person just interested

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Emancipation/moving out

Emancipation/moving out

I’m a 16 year old. I don’t want to be home anymore because my mother is extremely emotionally abusive and manipulative, she’s kicked me out of the house before. And threatens to make me start paying her rent or selling my car I purchased or selling me to some other family and I just don’t think it’s a good place for me to stay and deal with. I feel like I could really grow and be a better person if I wasnt at home. Any advice?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X