Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I (Non-runaway) am curious about

I want to ask a simple question. if I were to theoretically harbor a teen (15-16yo) runaway in my house in Illinois, while they are from Ohio, which state's law would that fall under if I were to be caught?

Again, this is theoretical. i am unsure where else to turn when asking about this matter and most other places have been vague.

Hi there!
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS! Typically, anywhere in the US, if a runaway stays with someone that person could potentially be charged with harboring a runaway youth. Since we are not legal experts it might be best to reach out to your local police department to have a for certain answer. If you would like additional support or resources please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us via our live chat at www.1800RUNAWAY.org.
    Take care,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer. I understand what the charges could be, but i'm also aware that the rules behind said charges differ from state to state, and that is what I wanted to focus on.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        You can reach out to both of the local police departments to see how they would handle the situation. We unfortunately can only respond to forum posts twice so if there is anything we can do to help please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us via our live chat at www.1800RUNAWAY.org.
        Thanks again for reaching out.
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X