Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to cut my parents out of my life by running away

It all started when school did. I always wanted to try new things and make new friends. Because of this, teacher would call home and tell me of what a "disruptive child" I was. Also, I was never a bad kid. Didn't do anything wrong. I was just outgoing. Of course, my parents didn't like that. My father would beat me everytime this occurs. Suddenly, 2 hours felt like 2 days.

This'll happen all the way up until highschool. I try to be outgoing, but I actually feel ******** (sorry) because of my parents. It's reasonable though. I'm a teenager now. I want to be treated like an adult but my parents aren't ready for it.

However, my parents would not give up an opportunity to make me feel like ******** (sorry again). Everytime we argue, they would always insult me in unimaginable ways. They'd make me feel retarded, "special", selfish, and worthless (keep in mind that there isn't a week that we don't argue). If the argument lasts more than 20 minutes, my father would start pulling threats out of nowhere and start swearing.

If I feel like I "win" the fight and my father knows it, he makes an irrelevant comment and makes me feel like the bad guy. I'm not though. I make reasonable comments and play it smart. He makes everything loud and blunt. Also keep in mind that he's double my weight and I'm a skinny kid. I think he knows that if he threatens me I'd shut the hell up.

Regarding running away, yes I want to do it. I'm only 14 and going to be 15 in the summer. I have only half a thousand dollars and absolutely nowhere to go. I thought about all my options and why I want to run away. I absolutely think my intentions are reasonable. I want to run away because I don't want my parents in my life. Yes, I am breaking a commandment, but I just can't stand it. I feel like if I live with them and fights happen constantly, then I would just explode and either end up hurting/killing them OR me. YES I know it is horrible. This is how I feel though.

I don't think I would be able to reach the age of 18 and legally move out. I need help. Since I wasn't the kid everyone knew anymore, I have no close friends. I live up North and I know it'll be cold. I do believe if I run away that I would end up dead. But I still cannot stand my parents. Though I can keep going on about my life, I think I would just end it here. Thank you.

Plus, writing all this made me feel a lot better because I just had to tell someone. No friends=no one to talk to. Again, thank you.

Re: I want to cut my parents out of my life by running away

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It is brave and strong of you to reach out for help.

You’ve shared some scary experiences, and we want you to be safe. You do not deserve to be abused by anyone, ever, in any way.
    It sounds like being mistreated at home is making you feel sad, and unsafe.

If you ever feel your safety is being threatened, you can call the police for emergency help. You might also consider filing a report with social services, even though it might seem like a difficult thing to do. Most teachers and counselors may be able to help you with this as well, or you can call us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are considering leaving home. We want you to be safe, and there is a lot to think about if you leave home. Things like having a safe place to go, and taking care of yourself, are important.
    Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we want you to be safe. We can help you think through your options and find you support. Please call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us on our chat line during chat hours. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X