Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm turning 18, and I need to leave my parents and live by mysel, alone!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm turning 18, and I need to leave my parents and live by mysel, alone!

I am totally enough with my parents, I can't believe that my parents can do such things to me. In daily life, when they have some issues about something relates to me, they all blame on me and calling me idiot, stupid. However, I am a student in high school,
    my GPA is approximately 3.5, I took ap classes, having 90+ on my report card. I did many things and tried my best. They never said anything good about me, only thing they care is telling me to earn money, and saying how idiot, how stupid I am.... Yesterday,
    they were shopping on the street, I wasn't there, they got tricked by a person, that guy sold them a fake iPhone 7 that is actually android system covered by fake ios, however I found out and I told them, but they didn't think it is their fault, instead, they
    blamed on me. Today, they yelled at me and I am totally overwhelmed by their terrible attitude. Please tell me how can I live by myself after I left the house, for example, like how many cash do I need, where should I go to have a shelter and how can I got a
    ordinary job easily. I don't need the job to be high salary but at least worth to live.

Re: I'm turning 18, and I need to leave my parents and live by mysel, alone!

First, we are very glad you reached out to the National Runaway Safeline and we’re here to help you in any way that we can. Second, you never deserve to be talked to or treated that way. You are a person with worth and value and it is good that you want that acknowledged—especially by your parents. It sounds like you are having a very difficult situation at home.

Making plans for your future is important and it sounds like you are motivated to search for other options than your current residence. It can be difficult to live in an environment where you can’t predict what happens next and your achievements and efforts are not acknowledged. So, you are 18-years-old—an adult—and legally you can make your own decisions where you can live and what you can do. You mentioned living in a shelter. We can help you with locating one. However, you will need to call us with your location so we can see if we can find some in your area. Living in a shelter might impact your school life. Many shelters are restrictive of when their guests may leave and stay. You might also have to carry your belongings to and back from school. Another option is to call around and see if you could stay with a friend or a family member.

As for options of how you may be able to support yourself, a possibility of where to start is within your own school. They might have a career counselor or a job placement program. Another option could be if your location has a job center. Job Corps might be able to help you as well: http://www.jobcorps.gov/home.aspx

We wish you the best of luck with your situation. You sound like a very smart and capable person. Please call us if you would like to talk. We’re here to support you and your decisions.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X