Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 14 and planning to runaway

My plan is to pack the most important of my belongings and go to a friends house I will stay there for about 3 days then in will begin couch surfing get some form of job and find something stable I am doing this for the fact that I'm 14 and I've been self harming and attempting suicide since I was 10 due to my parents they have verbally abused me my mom has thrown me across a room and the person that witnessed that will most likely deny it I am also raising their 2 year old because they seem to find just about anything more important I'm tired of harming myself because of them everyday I feel so tired they call me worthless and spoiled their son calls me mom because I'm always with him my mom knows I self harm she said its bc I'm stupid and crazy I'm also bisexual I'm out to my mom who has verbally abused me about it multiple times if I were to come out to my dad he would probably hurt me I don't want to out anything on them though because they still need to raise the kid I just want out I have made hickeys on my self because they hurt she found them and told me so much crap I'm tired of this lifestyle I'm street smart so I know I'll be safe

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation. It sounds like home has not been a safe place for you and you have put together a plan to leave home. It is understandable you would want to leave a space that has so much hurt and trauma associated with it. It is not okay for your parents to be verbally or physically abusive in any way and their actions are not your fault. You deserve to be treated with respect and to feel supported. We understand it took great courage to share your story with us and we want you to know that you are not alone in this.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Additionally, you can also reach out to the Trevor Project (thetrevorproject.org) which is a crisis and support line for young people who are a part of the LGBTQ community. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Having a support system during difficult times is very important. We want to encourage you to contact friends, family members, and other trusted adults to build up this support network.

You are the expert on your situation and would know what the best choice is for you. We do care a lot about your safety and your well-being is very important. Leaving home without a long term place to stay or money to support yourself can be very dangerous and put your life at risk. We also understand you feel like staying at home is not safe for you either. You do have the option to make a report to child protective services to be helped with all of this. You can speak with an advocate at childhelp.org to learn more about the reporting process and if this is something you would like to pursue.

We truly want to be a support for you during this challenging situation. If you reach out to us by phone or through our live chat services, we can talk more in-depth about what's going on and help you discover all of your possible options.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X