No announcement yet.

I need help.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help.

    Okay.... So I recently ran away. My dad's a druggie. We had 7 people in a one bedroom apartment. My dad's drug use is what drove me to leave, but he knows how to cheat a drug test. I don't know what to do. He's threatening me with police and stuff if I don't come back. Should I go back? What can he really do if I don't. P.S. I have pics of his messages that he sent as proof he does them.

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for writing to us here at NRS. We understand it takes a lot of courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like there’s a lot going on in your home right now, and we are so sorry that you have had to experience that. If you are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If you ever need a safe place to go, you can visit The National Safeplace website (

    Narateen may be helpful resource for you. They offer peer support for youth whose family members or friends are struggling with addiction to narcotics Their website is: You have the right to report any mistreatment at the hands of your father to Child Protective Services (the exact name of this department varies by state). Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you’d like to learn more about the reporting process, or if you’d like our help in filing a report, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

    It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws. Although we are not legal experts, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with their local police department and you may be returned home if found by the police. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. Harboring charges are not guaranteed, but they are a possibility. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

    We are here to support you. You are not alone in this. If you’d like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and our website is (click on the chat button).

    Be safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp